Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
The Fair Credit Reporting Act or FCRA regulates how credit reporting agencies and others handle consumer information. Under FCRA, EmpInfo is classified as a Nationwide Specialty Consumer Reporting Agency (NSCRA) and is subject to its requirements. We’re committed to safeguarding consumers privacy and we fully comply with FCRA requirements. For more information about FCRA, please visit Fair Trade Commission (FTC) and also see the Bulletin issued by Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). Click here for “A Summary of your rights under FCRA“.
How FCRA impacts Verifiers and EmpInfo?
The Fair Credit Reporting Act or FCRA regulates how Nationwide Specialty Consumer Reporting Agency (NSCRA) and others handle information about consumers.
- FCRA impacts those who provide information about consumers, such as EmpInfo, Inc.
- FCRA impacts those who receive information about consumers of this information like you, a “verifier,” or a user of EmpInfo.
- Verifiers must be authenticated: Before we provide access to EmpInfo, we are required to confirm your identity, and your organization or agency must go through a credentialing process to establish that you have the legal right to receive consumer’s information. Once we establish your account and provide you access to EmpInfo, you may access EmpInfo through a secured login name, password, and other security steps as we deem it necessary to authenticate your identity.
- Verifiers must discloses the permissible purpose: Verifiers who use our system are required to disclose their specific reason for receiving the consumer’s information in accordance with FCRA guidelines, legally referred to as “Permissible Purpose”.
All verifiers must carefully review our Terms and Conditions of the service for complete details about your obligations when using EmpInfo. Every verifier is responsible for their respective legal obligations as per FCRA, as applicable under the Federal and respective State laws.
FCRA, EmpInfo, and Employee’s Privacy
The Fair Credit Reporting Act, or FCRA, regulates how credit reporting agencies and others handle your information. Under FCRA, we are a Nationwide Specialty Consumer Reporting Agency (NSCRA) and subject to its requirements. We’re committed to safeguarding your privacy, and we fully comply with FCRA requirements.
- We validate the identity of all users of the system before granting access to EmpInfo to make sure they have a legal right to see the information about you that your employer has provided.
- We will provide you, free of charge, one free report containing your background and employment information every 12 months.
- Your Employment Data is also available immediately online. Just log in to WWW.EMPINFO.COM and enter your login information. Or, if you’d rather, you can request the report by calling 800-274-9694. Any way you choose, obtaining your free report is easy and streamlined through our services.
- Upon reviewing the information we have at EmpInfo, if you believe that any information about you is listed incorrectly, you may contact your employer to notify and request them correction. If you require, we can block access to your information during the period of such dispute or investigation. You also have the ability to login to your account online at WWW.EMPINFO.COM to block access or alternatively call our toll free number 800-274-9694 and request to block access to your information upon providing sufficient proof to authenticate your identity.